Why Use a Consulting CTO
- A consulting CTO can help you complete a business plan by estimating costs and timelines for the company’s technology development and deployment.
- A consulting CTO can provide the help you need to draft the preliminary mockup or paper prototype that you’ll present to investors and potential business partners.
- A consulting CTO is an expert on the current state of the technology and can suggest the most appropriate development platform for your business. For the non-expert businessperson, this means advice about “what software to use” but also guidance through the arcane arts of software development, including advice about programming languages, software development methodologies, web application frameworks, software architecture, revision control systems, and other hacker black magic.
- A consulting CTO can help you find and qualify a permanent technology partner, a lead developer, a user experience expert or interaction designer, a graphic designer, or a VP of engineering. He can help you determine whether to outsource development (locally or overseas) or build an inhouse team.
- A consulting CTO is familiar with software development best practices and can establish quality standards for software architectures, coding conventions, documentation requirements, and quality assurance processes at the very beginning of your project, ensuring that your business scales with growth and survives investors’ technical due diligence reviews.