World’s Best is a fast-growing luxury lifestyle platform catering to some of the most affluent consumers in the world, including billionaires and royal families. With average orders over $10,000, we are transforming the trillion-dollar luxury market.
You will be joining a young, passionate team with strong opportunity for internal growth and responsibility. As part of the engineering team, you be making significant contributions to a product that will be seen and used by thousands of sophisticated clients.
As Back-End Software Engineer, you will be intimately involved in the design, decision-making, and development of a revamped World’s Best platform to accommodate high growth in the coming years. We are building highly engaging user experiences and candidates should have a passion for building scalable, high-performance eCommerce systems. In addition to the core eCommerce platform and functions, you will also be involved in the implementation related systems, including CRM, payments, subscriptions, security, logistics, and automation.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills using Ruby (REQUIRED), Python, or similar languages
- Prior experience working in e-commerce is DESIRED
- Strong experience designing, developing, and testing efficient systems and applications
- Experience with database modeling, data storage, and caching systems
- Knowledge of A/B testing implementation and analytics tools
- Familiarity with RESTful services and API design
- Ability to write clean, concise, and reusable code
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced startup environment is a huge plus
- Open-minded team-player and problem-solver
- Strong, self-motivated individual able to objectively rank and prioritize work to meet critical project deadlines